Dear Little One,
I want to tell you a little about your aunts. First, let’s start with Ashley…
She is 4 years younger than your mom. Your mom likes to “occasionally” remind her that she only exists because your mom asked Mimi and Paw Paw for a little sister. It’s all in good fun now! When we were growing up, she and I had a very bipolar relationship. (If you’ve been around me enough, you know what that means already, but otherwise… look it up.) Basically, we disagreed on one fundamental thing… that she was the spawn of Satan. I thought she was; she did not. I’m kidding, of course, but back then… we just didn’t mix very well.
These days, we’re grown up and have a very different relationship. We get along great. Sure she does things that drive me crazy at times and I know I drive her crazy too, but overall, things are really good!
So, about her…
She’s my middle sister. She’s very fun-loving and outgoing. She’s a real social butterfly! She loves to throw parties and have big get-togethers. She’s really silly and sometimes can be a little ditzy, but she’s smarter than you think! She’s very kind and loving and generous. She’s also very sentimental. It doesn’t take much to make her cry (happy tears, of course). She also has a weak bladder, so don’t make her laugh too hard unless you want to see your Aunt pee her pants! (She’s done it a several times…) She likes to dance and sing in the car. We used to sing Disney songs in the car and still do sometimes! Her favorite Disney princess will probably ALWAYS be Jasmine. She likes things that are pink and girly. You probably think she is a HUGE girly girl… and she is! But she also used to be in the Army reserves. So she could kick some butt if she needs to! We didn’t used to call her “Sassy Ashy” for nothing!!
One thing that is important for you to know is that, while we fought a lot as kids, underneath it… we loved each other very much! Ashley got bullied quite a lot for her teeth–they weren’t always straight and pretty! Ash seemed to get herself in a lot of predicaments, but I always had her back when it came down to it. I got in a couple of fist fights with the neighbors for picking on her.
Some other memories of your Aunt Ashley…
- Playing Barbies (a lot) and making huge houses out of the bunk beds, hot tubs in the bathroom sink, and beach parties in the tub.
- Practicing my skills as a hair dresser and cutting the hair off Ashley’s Barbies. (She never forgave me for it!)
- Teaching Ash how to sneak her veggies from her plate so we wouldn’t have to eat them.
- Playing photographer by dressing her in my clothes, doing her hair and makeup, then having a photoshoot.
- Playing hide-and-seek, then scaring her so bad she wet herself!
- “Hit me baby one more time!” (Dorothy, get the Prilosec, my hip went out again!)
- Jamming to Backstreet Boys and N’Sync. We used to put together dance routines too!
- Rushing Ashley to the hospital after her bad bike wreck and Mimi wasn’t there so I had to hold her hand.
- Recording a radio show with our friends Amanda and Tiffany. We made stage names and everything!
- Playing obstacle course in the front yard.
- Seeing Ashley for the first time after Basic Training and crying like a baby when we had to leave.
- Spending an awesome summer day with her and my friend, Steffany. We walked the Osage Trail in Cape and got SUPER sunburnt. Then, we went to Ashley and her boyfriend’s apartment to play washers.
- Jumping on the trampoline with Aunt Ashley, Mimi and Aunt Destiny until late in the evenings and laughing til we cried!
- Driving up to see Uncle Matt when him and Ashley were just dating… Ashley got pulled over for running over the median!!
- Ashley and Uncle Matt’s wedding day… so much fun and so many happy tears.
- When she told me she was pregnant with Kaylee.
Ashley is the person you can talk to about anything. She is never judgmental and will listen to you when you have a problem… just be careful what advice you take from her! I hope you two are as close as I am with Kaylee. Ashley was been waiting for you almost as long as I have. I know she’s looking forward to being an aunt.